We are the Lewandowski family and we're building a new house from the ground up. Our goal is to build a comfortable and efficient green home that works for our family. We want to prove that building green is the right choice for the environment, our lives and our pocketbook.

We invite you to come follow us during our adventure and learn along with us, how to build and live green.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Contractor



This is Tom Molidor. I met him a few years ago when I took a class through LT's adult continuing education. He was teaching the ins and outs of building a custom designed home. I really like what he had to say and the patience he had with me and my one thousand questions. (Most people are not so patient.) At the time, we were living in a little house on Bluff Avenue in La Grange that we renovated. We loved living there. The neighbors became some of our best friends. While we loved our little house, the kids got bigger and so did their stuff. It was time to go. Then we bought the tear-down house at 324 S. Peck. Tony and I interviewed a few builders, but we both really like Tom so we partnered up with Molidor Custom Builders and built our first house from the ground up. I think we all worked well together. One of the things we like about Tom is his focus on building with healthy home materials. When we met with him a few months ago to talk about our latest purchase he was as excited as we were to be building green. I think he will have a lot to offer. I'm glad we going to be working together again. We can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment